Looking for some savoury everyday snack ideas that require a little preparation? See our list below for snack ideas that require a little preparation.
Buy snack size vegetables or chop regular vegetables and store in small containers.
- Baby cucumbers, cherry tomatoes
- Vegetable sticks e.g. carrot, capsicum, cucumber
Buy large tubs of dip and repackage into smaller containers.
- Hummus: Chris’ dips, Pilpe, Willow Farm, Yumi’s, Obella, Black swan, Dari’s table, SSS, Black Swan, Woolworths, Coles, Little salad bar
- Tzatziki: Chris’ dips, Willow Farm, Little salad bar, Woolworths, Coles, Black Swan
- Beetroot: Chris’ dips, Pilpel, Yumi’s
- Guacamole: Obella
Buy large blocks of cheese and cut into cubes or slices ready for the lunchbox.
- All brands of reduced fat cheese
Buy large packages of popcorn and repackage into smaller containers.
- Cobs sea salt
- Kettle sea salt
Buy large cans and repackage into smaller containers.
- Heinz baked beans
- Coles baked beans
- SPC baked beans
- Wattie’s baked beans
- Woolworths macro baked beans
- Corale baked beans
- Plain unsalted nuts and seeds to create your own trail mix
Buy large packets and repackage into smaller containers.
- Real foods
- Damora Ceres
- Vita Weats
- Peckish thins
- Captains’s Table
- Waterthins lavosh
- Tuckers wholegrain snack bites
*Before packing nuts, remember to check your school’s policy as many schools have a ‘Nut-Free policy’